• Bake
  • Cook
  • Gift
  • Decorate
  • Celebrate
  • Shop

Valentines Shortbread Cookies

I don't know why I only think bake shortbread cookies at Valentine's Day.  I enjoy them so much.  They're they perfect texture, a bit buttery, a bit sweet, a bit salty. And they are so easy to bake, cut and decorate.  You most likely already have all the ingredients in your pantry and you can add flavorings like vanilla or hazelnut.

All you need is flour, salt, butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract.  A little jam, chocolate or chopped nuts for garnish and you've got a quick and easy Valentine's Day treat.  Who needs boxed chocolates?!

Here's the recipe I used for Vanilla Shortbread with raspberry jam from Delish.com.


I used the scrap dough to make smaller hearts for my daughter and I to decorate with white and dark chocolate.  Delish in deed!


I've also done these with hazelnuts.  Here's a recipe from Epicurious

0 comments: