• Bake
  • Cook
  • Gift
  • Decorate
  • Celebrate
  • Shop

Shop: Prydes in Old Westport

Ladies, you may want to email this post to your husbands in advance of Valentine's Day.

If you live near Kansas City or ever visit Kansas City than you have to shop at Prydes in Old Westport.  In fact, if you don't live in or visit KC you should really just plan a trip solely to shop at Prydes.  It's tagline is "the hardware store for cooks" but it's so much more than that.  It's more like a little slice of heavenly pie for anyone of the domestic nature...and in fact, they also sell really good pies!  If you need it for your kitchen, they have it.  If they don't have it, it doesn't exist.

Pryde's has been family owned and in Kansas City for over 40 years.  It's 10,000 sq ft of kitchen gear, tableware, gifts, bakeware, food, patio items, cookbooks, etc. etc. etc packed into every last square inch of a historic building on Westport road in midtown KC.  Doing inventory must be a nightmare but I'm so grateful for the ladies that keep this place so charming and wonderful.


I go to Pryde's on rainy days when I need a little pick-me-up, when I need a specific cooking item, when I need to buy a gift, or when I just have a few extra minutes to spare.  It's a great place to get a gift.  If you're not sure what to buy someone go to Prydes and tell one of the ladies' your budget. They'll help you pick out something great and they'll gift wrap it beautifully.

So, that's my little shop recommendation for y'all.  I rarely get to rave so much about a shop but I absolutely love this place and think you will too.

How cute is this? It'd make an adorable side table.

Yes please! I'll take it. 

I wish my linen closet had all this.

I have no idea what I'd do with this, but it's so cool.

Gift wrapping station.
The ladies know how to tie a bow like no one else.

Who needs an apron?
Colander? Sure! What color?
Gadgets Galore
I highly recommend registering at Prydes for all your special occasions.

0 comments: