• Bake
  • Cook
  • Gift
  • Decorate
  • Celebrate
  • Shop

My Christmas Decor This Year

My homemade wreath.  I'm not great at tying bows so I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.
Happy December and Happy Holidays!  I just finished decorating for Christmas and wanted to share some photos from my home with you.  I hope your home is feeling warm and cozy and ready for the holidays as well.  XO

My favorite new addition to our Christmas decor.
These letters are  made out of small leaves.

Normally my tree is decorated with Christopher Radko glass ornaments and a few woodsy wooden ornaments.  But with a toddler running around this year I didn't want to risk breaking any of the Radkos so I opted for a red and white tree, decked with new shatter proof ornaments bought in mass from Costco and Hobby Lobby.
Our red and white tree.

I used overscaled and average sized ornaments.
We added ribbon leftover from last year's gift wrapping and a few red birds.
The shatterproof candy canes were easy for my daughter to hang on the tree.
They were put on the bottom branches so she had something that was okay to touch.
I couldn't resist putting a couple critters hiding in the tree.
Can you see them?
I didn't completely abandon the traditional red and green.
This dough bowl is filled with reindeer moss and small red apples for the kitchen island.
An iron and wood lantern is filled with red and green glass balls for a side table.

I always try to mask our TV above the fireplace.
Using small pine trees and glittery silver reindeer no one notices the TV.

This is the Candyland themed tree we did for my daughter's room.
She's still too small to hang the delicate ornaments on the tree but she loved putting the hot pink glass balls on the tree skirt.  They are also shatterproof so she can play with them.
A gingerbread lady tops the tree, and her little gingerbread gal pal hangs around below.
We used oversized gum drops, cupcakes, lollipops, and candycanes to deck the tree.
The Elf on the Shelf book and doll is a great game to get kids excited for Christmas.
Every day you hide the Elf in a different spot and the little ones search for him.

0 comments: