• Bake
  • Cook
  • Gift
  • Decorate
  • Celebrate
  • Shop

Nachos: Easy Snack or Lunch

I got this idea last time I visited my sister in Texas.  Truthfully, many of my best ideas originate with her -- she's pretty amazing.  I don't know why I never think of making nachos. When I saw her serve these to the herd of kids that come to her house after school I wanted to steal the plate, hide in a closet, and enjoy them all to myself (I didn't do this of course.  I just made sure I stood really close to the plate so I could get my share -- yep, I'm that kind of adult).

Such a quick and easy lunch or snack.  My toddler loves them as much as I do.  I pile the chips high with good-for-you add-ons to make them healthy-ish.

Easy Nachos
Simply place a layer of good tortilla chips on a baking sheet.  Sprinkle with fat free refried beans, a mix of shredded mexican cheese (I like Sargento's 4-Cheese Mexican Mix), and Queso Fresco.  Heat in the over at 375 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the beans are warm.

Remove from the oven and top with anything else you like.  Some of our favorites include salsa, avocado, plain Greek yogurt, corn, and shredded lettuce.  Really, whatever I have in my refrigerator that needs to be used goes on these nachos.



We put the baking sheet in the middle of the table and everyone serves themselves.





0 comments: