• Bake
  • Cook
  • Gift
  • Decorate
  • Celebrate
  • Shop

A Proper Introduction

Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Humble Hostess and it is my sincere pleasure to make your acquaintance. Thank you for coming to my little home on the web. I’d offer you cookies and tea if I could. I hope you’ll find some useful information here, or in the least get a giggle, an idea, or feel like you’ve made a new friend.

I am a homemade hostess, not the kind you see on TV. I’ll give you a tip about those you see on TV…they have large, talented staffs assisting them. I wish I had a large staff, but all I have is a handy husband, a dirty dog, and a messy infant. Humble Hostess is about the real life domestic goddess. I am not particularly crafty, I’ve never attended culinary school, and I’m still waiting for my green thumb to grow. But I love to host. And I love all things about my domestic life. I especially love entertaining friends and family. It’s those friends and family that encouraged me to write the Humble Hostess. They seem to think I’m good at this type of thing.

Here I’ll share real life stories about my adventures as a hostess -- not a perfect hostess just a hostess trying to keep her azaleas blooming and her kitchen from burning down. I’ll offer advice on etiquette and entertaining, feature unique products to enhance your celebrations, and give tidbits from hostess lessons learned. For more updates you can follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Thank you again for stopping by. I look forward to getting to know you.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Looking forward to reading your post. I need a lot of help in the hostess area.

Ravi Dasari said...

Great introduction! I'm very sure you will have a lot of fans and followers reading this regularly very soon. Ravi