• Bake
  • Cook
  • Gift
  • Decorate
  • Celebrate
  • Shop

Pier One Imports -- Surprised and Impressed


Have you shopped in a Pier 1 Imports recently?  I hadn't.  In fact, it had been years since I'd been inside one of the stores until recently.  I was driving passed a Pier 1 Imports the other day and on a whim decided to stop by and see what they had, fully expecting to be unimpressed.  Shame on me!  Turns out I  was inspired.

Pier 1 has redone their store concept and now have huge displays of gifting and entertaining products.  The furniture is still there but it's behind tables filled with barware, kitchen gadgets, holiday decorations, jewelry and handbags. Yes, I said jewelry and handbags.  Yes, at Pier 1. And yep, it's pretty cute stuff.

This is a new go-to place for hostess gifts and party supplies.

There is one thing I found at Pier 1 I especially had to share with y'all -- the Tasting Party Collection.  Pier 1 has designed sets of serving and dish ware specifically for small bites and tasting servings.  From mini martini glasses on a tray to mini trifle bowls, they have everything you need to put together a tasting party or serve individual bite-sized dishes.

Holiday Party season is approaching.  When you're expected to bring a dish to a holiday party take something in one of the tasting collections.  It will surely impress the hostess and her guests.




0 comments: