• Bake
  • Cook
  • Gift
  • Decorate
  • Celebrate
  • Shop

Homemade Made Easy: Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes

I had this friend growing up whose mom always made pancakes in the morning.  I have fond memories of waking up at her house to chocolate chip pancakes, usually in the form of Mickey Mouse.  I would also think "my mom would never let me have chocolate for breakfast!"  I secretly vowed that if I ever had children I would make them pancakes on special mornings, and so this week I did just that.  I made my nine-month-old daughter her first pancakes.  They didn't include chocolate chips, nor were they in a fun shape like a cartoon mouse.  But they were very tasty, pretty healthy, and she loved every bite.

Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
(Makes 4 adult servings)

  • 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar (or artificial sweetener)
  • 1/2 cup blueberries, or more
Sift together flour and baking powder, set aside.  Beat together the egg, milk, salt, and sugar.  Still in four until just moistened.  Stir in blueberries.

Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.  Using an ice cream scoop or measuring cup pour the batter into the skillet to create pancakes.  When the pancakes begin to bubble (1 - 1 1/2 minute) flip them over to cook the other side.  

Recipe from AllRecipes.com, edited slightly.

0 comments: